Belgrade is a completely forgotten gem of Europe and very often is not on your regular Eurotrip route. We get that, but we need to change that, since Belgrade has so much to offer and so many things to do in Belgrade – beautiful museums, great nightlife, divine nature, many sport activities, but the part that we at Belgrade Food Tour are most proud of is what Belgrade has to offer gastronomically. That is why we created Taste Serbia – Belgrade and Serbia Food Tours as well as our Guide To Belgrade Food.
Things to do in Belgrade
Below you can find some of basic things to do in Belgrade:
- Discover the Kalemegdan fortress featuring some of Belgrade’s top landmarks. Visit the Roman Well, Fortress Churches, Victor, Military Museum…
- Discover the Belgrade downtown: Knez Mihailova street, the Orthodox cathedral, Kosančićev Venac and Dorćol neighborhoods.
- Spend an active day at Ada Ciganlija: swimming, water skiing, bungee jumping, you name it.
- Enjoy the nightlife at the world-famous splavs – floating clubs or Belgrade kafanas.
- Book a Taste Serbia Food Tour.
- Take the circular tram no 2 for a ride around the city center. There is a stop at the end of Knez Mihailova at Kalemegdan, or another one in the port or below Sava Bridge, called Savamala.
- Explore the Zeleni Venac green market or some of the other, numerous green markets.
- Go to the top of Ušće tower for spectacular views of the entire city and surrounding areas.
- Visit Nikola Pašić square with the National Parliament and the Old and New Royal Palaces.
- Explore the most important (open) museums to learn a bit more about the local culture, history and tradition.